Saturday, June 30, 2012

Adele pregnant with first child




Adele is expecting her first child with boyfriend Simon Konecki, the Brit and Grammy-award winning singer said on her official website on Friday.
The 24-year-old star wrote on her website that she and boyfriend Simon Konecki were "over the moon" at the news.

In the blogpost, Adele also issued a plea that the couple's privacy be respected as they prepare to become parents.
Media interest in the London-born singer has soared since the success of last year's album 21. It became the biggest selling release of 2011, with more than 17 million copies being bought around the world. It earned her six Grammys, two Brits and two Ivor Novello awards.
Announcing her pregnancy on Friday, Adele told fans: "I'm delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together.

"I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we're over the moon and very excited but please respect our privacy at this precious time. Yours always, Adele xx."

The Rolling in the Deep singer reportedly met Konecki, the chief executive officer of water charity Drop4Drop, last summer.

Some of Adele's past boyfriends have become the subject of her songs, notably on the album 21. But despite putting relationships to track in the past, the singer has indicated that she now regrets exposing her private life to such an extent.

In an interview this year with Matt Lauer of NBC, Adele said: "I do wish I'd kept a lot of things to myself, but I never knew the album was going to be so big. I will be more wary when I go into things now."



http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jun/29/adele-pregnant?newsfeed=true